Sunday, March 13, 2005

Bury Archaeology!

I feared this would happen. No, I actually was sure this would happen. Once Arabs get control of areas that contain Jewish archaeological remains, they destroy them in order to obliterate any physical proof of the Jewish connection to the Land of Israel. That's what the did by destroying Joseph's Grave in Shechem. That's what they are doing on the Temple Mount. Now, it appears that they have also destroyed the famous Jericho Synagogue, 'Shalom al Yisrael.'

If, God forbid, Sharon gets his way and the rest of Yesha is transferred to the Arabs, we may be looking at that largest campaign ever seen to eradicate the traces of Jewish settlement here. Think of it! Shiloh, Susya, Ma'aleh Levona, Bet Knesset Avraham Avinu (for the second time!), Har Ebal's altar, the synagogue in Na'aran etc. etc will al be smashed to smithereens.

I know it sounds crazy, but like the Essenes who his their library two millenia ago, I think we need to rebury all of these sites in order to save them. If they're not in the Arabs' faces, may be they won't bother diggingh them up to destroy them...

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

Unless I am very wrong, and I really haven't been able to find it recently. Antiquities were written into the Oslo Accords. According to what I read, the PA would have rights to the Dead Sea scrolls. Alas I haven't found the language recently, though I remember seeing it 10 years ago.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just so glad to have you and your wisdom back. This comment might belong under your previous post though.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger BOSDOMINO said...

Play BOSDOMINO and enjoy the opportunity to become a Millionaire only with a minimum of 10 thousand depots, register, depot and win the jackpot. No. Whatsapp: +62 812-2407-1370. BBM: D86F9DA7 Link : CoinBos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home