Monday, January 03, 2005

Disengagement Blues...Living in La La Land

I wish I had a dollar for every time things in this country defy logic...Sharon has no government, no argument for unliaterally pulling out of Gaza- nevertheless Olmert (whose revisionist parents are rolling over in their graves) starts screaming about the need to abandon more Jewish towns to save ourselves...Huh? Hello? Reality check. Why not just adopt the Lieberman plan by which the borders of the country would be redrawn. The Arabs go to Palestine (Bye Bye Uhm al Fahm!) and Yesha stays Jewish.

Nah! Can't do that...it would make too much sense.

Well, at least one thing that Olmert got right is that there is never going to be a Palestinian partner for peace. Check out this great post by Go Blog and Multiply:

The Fools Prayer

Dear God, please allow me to continue doing thingsthe exact same way I have been doing them for the whole of my lifeand somehow magically I will get a different result.

This is directed to anyone who believes that Mahmoud Abbas will somehow be a moderate partner for peace should he win the Palestinian presidency.As I posted below, Abbas met with and praised several of the more notorious "armed factions" within Palestinian society during the last few days of campaigning. I was ready to cut him some slack as I imagine that as a politician seeking support, he realizes that you draw more flies with sugar than with vinegar.Then again, if the following represents his true beliefs, peace is a long way off.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geviha - What can I say, I just love you. I'm a sucker for your sarcasm.
I'm in Israel now, and I'm going to Jerusalem tomorrow. Perhaps I'll see you, and not know it. I'll be by the Kotel, markets, and all over the Old City. Let me know if you see me :)


Maria

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Judah HaKohain said...

Love your site. I just linked to it from my blog: http://hamikdash.blogspot.com
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home